Sunday 9 November 2014

BIODERMA VS L'OREAL SKIN PERFECTION




Bioderma has always been famous within the beauty industry and used by makeup artists all over the world! I found it whilst in Paris and fell in love, although i have a good stock i know it won't last forever so i wanted to try something out that could be easier to get my hands on! Over the last few years Bioderma Crealine H2O has crept it's way into the press and the blogging community, everyone wants to try the cult French cleansing water, Ive stock up every time I visit France sometimes buying four at a time! It used to be near impossible to get hold of, then i saw eBay started selling it and finally it is available online in the UK as well as in lots stores around London. It's now a staple in my skincare routine, mostly just for my eyes because its great for removing stubborn eyeliner/ mascara and sometimes all over if I've been wearing a lot of makeup. Although it's not too expensive, I wanted to try out a drugstore alternative that is easier to get hold of and even more affordable. 

A micellar water I hear a lot about is the L'Oreal Paris Skin Perfection, my friend picked one up over summer and recommended it so I picked one up and gave it a go! I found that there was just two reasons why the L'Oreal Skin Perfection isn't as great as the Bioderma Crealine H2O. Unlike the Bioderma that you have to squeeze the water out, this one falls out onto the cotton pad creating a lot of waste and too much product for my liking when using it on my eyes. You really don't need a lot for eyes as they are so sensitive you really don't want to aggravate them! Unlike Bioderma which literally feels/ smells/ looks like water, the Skin Perfection feels slightly oily and leaves a bit of residue on the skin. When using it on my eyes I felt a slight stinging sensation and found it left oily residue under my eyes.


I think its an ok alternative to Bioderma and if you can't get hold of bioderma then give it a whirl! But now it's available on Escentual and in so many pharmacies, I'd 100% recommend trying Bioderma Crealine H2O. Have you tried the L'Oreal alternative? What did you think? Maybe you prefer it!? - Let me know :)



Madge x

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yeah they are both really good i just love my Bioderma! Im on the look out for another version to try do you have any suggestions? :) xx

      Delete